From Zero To Hero With Nodejs
Node.js is a platform for easily building fast, scalable network applications. Learn how to use the event-driven, non-blocking I/O model to build data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices. We will explore the design choices that make Node.js unique, how this changes the way applications are built and how systems of applications work most effectively in this model. Learn how to create modular code that’s robust, expressive and clear. Understand when to use callbacks, event emitters and streams. Use streams to easily manipulate data that would be impossible to fit in application memory. Gain confidence in handling errors effectively to ensure runtime reliability. The course has extensive lab exercises to reinforce the concepts and techniques covered
The two-hour exam tests your skills in the areas of services, servers and security. Specific knowledge and skills tested are those an experienced Node.js developer would be expected to have. The exam is performance-based and includes items simulating on-the-job scenarios.
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Clearly understand the platform design choices that led to Node.js choosing an event loop and what this means for applications built on that foundation.
- Understand the unique trade-offs present in event-driven programming.
- Create Node.js modules and express code modularity in an application.
- Understand the core flow control patterns in Node.js and know when it is appropriate to use callbacks, event emitters or streams.
- Create and manipulate buffers efficiently.
- Understand how to manage error state and know when a process should exit due to an error.
- Build network applications with Node.js.
- Lectures 50
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
INTRO TO NODE.JS
NODE.JS PLATFORM SETUP
MODULES & NPM
THE CALLBACK PATTERN
CONNECTING TO DATABASES